- The Coalition for Epidemic Preparedness Innovation (CEPI) has partnered with the Brighton Collaboration to support the safety assessment of its candidate vaccines, including SARS-COV-2.Four AESI have been targeted for case definition development on an urgent prioritized basis over the next 3-4 months. The specific AESI in order of priority are:
- Multisystem inflammatory syndrome in children (MIS-C): June 2020 start
- Acute respiratory distress syndrome (ARDS): June 2020 start
- Acute cardiovascular injury: July 2020 start
- Coagulation disorder: July 2020 start
It is envisioned to have 8-10 subject matter experts for each case definition working group. Expertise in the following areas is sought: Vaccinology, vaccine safety, basic science, immunology, infectious diseases, rheumatology, cardiology, electrophysiology, pulmonary medicine, critical care medicine, transfusion medicine, coagulation disorders, epidemiology and public health.
We welcome your participation and/or referral of experts willing to work and author a prioritized case definition relevant to their area of expertise during the months of June to October, 2020.
If you are interested, please email your CV to BC-Coordinator@taskforce.org.
This editorial by Dr. Robert T. Chen first appeared in the October 2023 issue of Safety by Numbers. It is reposted here with per...